We have an extensive array of facial
care products especially chosen for their effectiveness. The products
we offer can help reduce blemishes, fade dark spots, balance
combination skin, hydrate where needed and reduce shine on oily skin.
The products are an important weapon in the fight against damage caused
by environmental pollutants, temperature extremes, improper diet and
other factors that can rob skin of its natural beauty. For problem
skin, we offer products that help reduce blemishes (acne) and smooth
and even skin tone due to hyper pigmentation. The products have been
formulated to work quickly and effectively. You'll see a remarkable
difference in your skin within a couple of weeks of your first
use. Your skin requires consistent daily care to look and
feel its best. Twice a day cleanse your face to remove deep-down dirt,
makeup and dead skin cells that can dull your complexion. If you're
blemish-prone, choose a soap or cleansing lotion specifically
formulated for troubled skin.
There are four basic skin types:
- Dry- tends to be ashy,
dull and feels tight- especially after cleansing. Pores are fine.
Requires extra moisture and oil.
- Normal- in balance.
Smooth and moist. Pores are not clogged. Seldom breaks out. Just needs
products to keep it in balance.
- Oily to Blemish Prone-
appears shiny all over. If blemish prone there will be clogged pores
and breakouts. Makeup may not last on this skin or may change colors.
Requires shine prevention. May require some acne or blemish control.
- Combination Skin- will be
oily in the "T" zone- forehead, nose, inner cheek and chin. Outside the
zone it will be normal or dry. Requires oil reducing in the "T" zone
and moisturizers and oil in the other areas.
There are four basic steps to take in a facial care regimen. These
steps should be done in the morning and in the evening before retiring:
- Cleanse- loosen and lift impurities and excess oil
- Tone- remove lifted dirt and readjust pH balance
- Moisturize- depending on skin type, replenish moisture.
- Treat- depending on skin condition and desires- can be a blemish
treatment, fade treatment or skin rejuvenation treatment (such as a
masque or deep moisturizing créme).
How to wash your face:
There are some very important "do's and do not's" concerning washing
- Use mild, non-soap cleansers. The cleanser should
gently lift dirt and remove excess oil. But, it should not
"strip" your skin leaving it dry as a bone.
- Use harsh, drying soap-based cleansers. People with
oily skin or who are acne prone might be tempted to use drying products
to "clear up" your skin. The reality is these products often
cause more damage. Excessive drying and flaking is not good for
your skin. If you have mild-to-moderate acne, it can be controlled with
a simple regimen using quality products.
- Wash regularly- once in the morning and once at
night. If you have
oily skin, you can add a washing in the evening or after noon.
- Skip washing your face regularly or wash too often.
People with oily
skin may be tempted to wash more frequently. Do not wash your
more than three times per day.
- Wash your face gently, using small circular motions.
Fingertips or a clean washcloth are best.
- Scrub your face. If you use an exfoliating scrub,
make sure it has gentle, non-jagged particles and apply light
pressure. If you use a washcloth, change it often. Bacteria
will grow on the washcloth and those bacteria reapplied to the face can
lead to breakouts.
- Wash for 30 to 90 seconds
- 30 seconds for dry skin
- 60 seconds for normal skin
- 90 second for oily skin
- Just splash your cleanser on your face and immediately
rinse off. If you are using a moisturizing cleanser or a cleanser
with ingredients to help your face, you want to leave it on long enough
to do its job. This is especially important if you have acne prone skin.
- Rinse with "tepid" (not hot, not cold) water
- Rinse with water at either temperature extreme
- Pat your face dry with a clean towel
- Rub your face vigorously. This can do damage to your
skin and cause outbreaks.
For most skin types, wash face
in the morning and before retiring. Oily skin types can wash up to
three times per day, but no more.
- Step 1 Cleanse Face
- Wet face with warm water
- Apply a little cleanser to the palm of your hands or to a
soft cotton washcloth
- With fingertips or soft washcloth, gently wash face using circular
- Wash for approximately 30 seconds for dry skin, 60 seconds
for normal skin and 90 seconds for oily skin
- Rinse well with tepid (not hot, not cold) water
- Pat face dry with a clean towel
- Step 2 Tone with a HumiNature Toner
- Step 3 Moisturize with a HumiNature Moisturizer
- Step 4
- Dry or Mature Skin- apply a super moisturizing treatment like HumiNature Age-Defying Serum or HumiNature East African Shea Butter
- Special treat- one to three times per week apply a facial
masque to deep clean, reduce blemishes and give your face a fresh start