We have sold the Hair Therapy Wrap for
years and it's been one of our hot selling products (pardon the pun).
Hair care can be taken to a new level with the use of the Hair Therapy
Wrap allowing you to get a deep, salon type conditioning treatment for
your hair while moving around the house. The wrap has recently been
improved with sturdier solid gel packs.
The Hair Therapy Wrap is a fast, easily heated treatment system.
The Hair Therapy Wrap uses special
gel packs that stay warm for up 30 minutes to help repair damaged hair.
Helps activate treatments, hot oils or reconstructors and can also help
to control dry, flaky scalp.
You can repair dry hair by using any deep conditioning product and then
wearing the Hair Therapy Wrap. The patented Hair Therapy Wrap does not
require electricity to operate and therefore allows the user mobility
while repairing damaged hair. No more trips to the beauty shop and
using bonnet dryers to repair damaged hair.
You can use the Hair Therapy Wrap while bathing, relaxing, or working
around the house.
- Allows complete mobility
- 100% Cotton wrap
- Comes with two disposable liners
- Improved- sturdier Gel Packs
here for a review of the Hair Therapy Wrap- by
To Assemble the Hair Therapy Wrap:
Important: Never heat the gel paks in
the microwave before inserting into Hair Therapy Wrap. Never heat
HTW without gel packs
- There are three pockets in the Hair Therapy Wrap and three gel
packs included. One pocket for each gel pack
- The two gel packs for the sides are rounded. There is also
a middle gel pack.
- Place a gel pack in each pocket. Make sure that the packs
are spread out flat.
To Use the Hair Therapy Wrap
- Step 1: Place included disposable
inner plastic cap on damp hair (with conditioner or hot oil already
applied). Additional liners can be bought at most beauty supply
stores or someplace like Target®
- Step 2: Put on the Hair Therapy Wrap with the tail part toward
the back- hanging down the back of your neck.
- Step 3: Grasp the tail of the Hair Therapy Wrap with one
hand. Using the other hand, hold the HTW at the base to keep it
in place. Twist the fabric until the wrap is snug, then pull back up
across the top of your head and velcro to the fastener at the top of
for a 1000 watt microwave:
The power of your microwave should be printed on a label inside the
microwave. It should say something like: Output: 1000W
Because microwaves vary in power, you will need to find the correct
heating time for your microwave carefully.
- Put the Hair Therapy Wrap together according to the instructions
above. Never heat the gel packs without the HTW or the HTW
without the gel packs.
- Heat the assembled HairTherapyWrap on high for 60 seconds (DO NOT EXCEED 60 SECONDS
FOR THE INITIAL TIME HEATING)
- Let the HTW sit for 30 seconds
- Feel the HTW. It should feel warm, but not extremely hot.
The gel packs can be extremely hot inside
- Note how long it took for the next time.
If more heating is required, heat for 10-15 second more each time until
the HTW feels warm. DO NOT
EXCEED 90 SECONDS TOTAL HEATING TIME
For microwaves more or less than 1100 watts, please adjust the heating
time up or down by 15 seconds per 100 watts. Use caution when
handling Hair Therapy Wrap. Gel packs will get extremely
hot. Excessive overheating can permanently damage gel packs by
causing them to burst.
- Do not place heated gel packs on bare skin.
- Always heat the assembled HairTherapyWrap with the gel packs
inside together (have we said this enough?)
- Do not ingest the contents of the gel packs
- Do not deliberately (or accidentally) puncture the gel packs
- If a gel pack breaks, throw it away.
- Use any way other than directed can be dangerous
- Do not allow children to use
The microwave method is preferred because it's much safer. Only
use this method if you do not have access to a microwave.
- Boil (3) three quarts of water to a full boil
- Remove water from stove (do not place gel packs in the water
while the water is still being heated)
- Using kitchen tongs, gently lower the gel packs only (without the
HTW) into the water.
- Leave in for about five minutes
- Remove the gel packs from the water using kitchen tongs (not your
- Gently touch gel packs to make sure they are cool enough to
handle. You can use cotton gloves to handle them
- Place gel packs back into HTW, as instructed above.
Clean Hair Therapy Wrap
The cover of the Hair Therapy Wrap is 100% cotton. You can easily
wash it in your washing machine with mild detergent. Make sure
you take out the gel packs before washing. Air dry only. No
chlorine bleach. No dry cleaning. And, please- there's no need to
The Hair Therapy Wrap is safe for use when used as directed by
responsible adults. However, due to the nature of the product, misuse or abuse
can result in burns
or damage to the product.
- Do not overheat the gel packs
- Do not handle hot gel packs
- Use for no more than 30 minutes at a time. Using too long in a
hot environment can cause you to overheat.
- Always use the the gel packs inside the pockets of the wrap
- Burns can result from improper use
- Throw away leaking gel packs immediately.
- If the gel gets into anyone's eyes, flush the eyes with clean
water and contact your doctor, emergency room or urgent care.
(gel is food grade and non-toxic)
- Do not use on infants, children or invalids
- Do not use if you are heat-sensitive, allergic or have any other
medical condition which would indicate you should not use such a device.
- In the event of an allergic response from using any hair product
with the Hair Therapy Wrap, we recommend that you immediately cease
using the product with the Hair Therapy Wrap.
- Do not use the Heat Wrap for any purpose other than its intended
- Treasured Locks, Hair Therapy Wrap, LLC or any of its affiliates
are not liable for any damages due to misuse of the Hair Therapy Wrap.
- User agrees to use at his or her own risk.
By Jamiecia Love from knoxville, tn on November 20, 2012
is there anyway that we can just buy the packets that goes inside of the cap instead of the entire cap?
By Treasured Locks Staff on November 26, 2012
Answer:As of November 2012, the gel packs are not available for sale separately. The cap has a 1 year warranty during which time the manufacturer will replace the gel packs.
The gel packs, if used properly, should last indefinitely and not need to be replaced.
By Teresa from Columbus, Oh on January 21, 2013
I cut my gel packs apart because there were no instructions stating not too. Will I be ok or do I have to order new ones? They seem to be working ok for me in the therapy wrap.
By Treasured Locks Staff on January 22, 2013
Answer:They should still work fine. As you've figured out, they should not be cut apart though. There's no need to.