Baka Beauty's Sahara Clay is an Original, 100% natural, clay hair treatment and facial mask. This 15 minute treatment can add years of life to your hair. It is an excellent deep cleansing treatment for locks. Sahara Clay can be used to deep cleanse hair and skin. The all natural clay extracts impurities from hair and skin leaving a clean, smooth finish. Sahara Clay is:
Sahara clay is great for locks because it deep cleanses like no shampoo can and leaves no residue. Use periodically to leave your locks squeaky clean. The clay will never unravel formed or mature locks. It is a deep cleanser which removes impurities from the hair and skin, deeper than soap or shampoo. It is not harmful to the hair and can remain on the hair with heated moisture (heating cap) for up to 1 hour. Without a heating cap it can remain on the hair until it the clay begins to harden state. Then rinse and condition. The Masai tribe in Eastern Africa use a red clay on their hair. This provides a gentle hair relaxer effect on the hair. Sahara Clay will have this same effect. Sahara Clay can safely be used on straight (white) hair as well as on African American hair. It provides a deep cleansing and will make white, gray or blonde hair brighten. Sahara Clay will gradually relax the hair, to a certain extent.
- Hair deep cleanser (especially good for locks)
- Skin cleanser-makes a wonderful facial mask
As a facial mask, Sahara Clay will deep cleanse the skin, leaving a smoother appearance.
Safe for all hair types.
100% Sahara Clay. The Sahara Clay is an all natural clay directly from the dry desert earth. When soaked in hot or warm water, it becomes a mud.
As a hair cleanser or finish to Natural-Laxer
- Soak a little Sahara Clay in 2-1/2 ounces of hot tap water.
Each package is enough for 2-3 applications.
- Stir into smooth paste, adding water as needed
- After shampooing and conditioning, smooth onto wet hair with hands using upward motion from roots to ends
- Smooth onto edges of hair
- Leave in for several minutes. At least 15 minutes.
- Do not shampoo after clay treatment
- Rinse with water to leave a clean lustrous finish
- Condition and moisturize
Each package is enough for an average of three treatments. Depending on the amount of hair you have, you may get a little more or a little less.As a facial mask
As an alternative to the Natural-Laxer
- Mix as instructed above. Place clay on face and let sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse off
- Do not leave on the face for longer than 20 minutes. Face may appear reddish immediately after rinsing because the impurities are drawn to the surface. The redness will subside quickly. It also can be used as a poultice, for acne, or boils.
- Mix, as instructed
- Smooth throughout hair
- Apply a plastic cap
- Sit with a thermal heat cap for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Rinse with water (do not shampoo)
- Condition and moisturize.
If too much Sahara Clay is mixed, or too much water is added, you can drain off the excess water and allow the Clay to air dry for later use.
By Yolanda from New York, NY on April 27, 2012
What is the difference between the Sahara clay and Natural-Laxer? What are the different results you would see from each product?
By Treasured Locks Staff on April 27, 2012
Answer:If you are looking for smoothing of the hair and relaxation of the curl pattern, you are going to get more effective and faster results with Natural-Laxer MIX which has Sahara Clay along with a combination of herbs.