In terms of hair and skin, the EFAs provided in our H2G Hair Shine Supplement are extremely important. Deficiencies in these fats can lead to dry, scaly flaky skin and dull hair. One of the most common complaints we get concerns dry, scaly skin (including scalp) and dry lifeless hair. These conditions are common in people who do not digest fats well, who are on low- fat diets and/or who are not eating the right types of fats. The lack of enough EFAs in the diet leads to the inability to produce oils for the skin and hair. EFAs are also beneficial in improving eczema and psoriasis. These fats are called“essential” not because they are necessary (even though they are). They are called essential because the body does not manufacture them. If you don’t get them in your diet, you’re not going to have them in your body.
The best way to provide hair follicles with the nutrients they need for the best possible growth and strong healthy hair is to provide those nutrients through the bloodstream. Our Treasured Locks H2G Shine Supplement,as well as our other hair and skin care supplements, do just that. The hair is a great indicator of the overall well-being of your body. Nutritionists can tell whether you are deficient in particular vitamins or minerals by simply analyzing a clipping from your hair. Our supplements not only improve the hair and skin growth machines, they provide fuel to those machines. Borage oil, Flax Oil and Fish oils are available in separate supplements. But, Treasured Locks has combined the three into a complete EFA complex to get the maximum benefit of the full range of Omega fatty acids.
Following the low fat craze, the importance of Essential Fatty Acids has finally been recognized. The main focus of their importance has been their immune-boosting, anti-cancer, and heart-protective properties. But often overlooked is their effect on the external tissues, such as skin and hair. The proper balance of EFAs help make the skin soft and smooth. Adding EFAs to our diet can help with a range of skin problems including acne, allergic bumps, dry skin,eczema and even oily skin. Essential Fatty Acids are required for properly nourished skin. Properly nourished skin ages less,remains wrinkle free longer and becomes more radiant. EFAs help hair take on a healthy sheen and make it softer to the touch. Beautiful skin requires essential fatty acids. When properly nourished with EFA's, the skin becomes smoother, feels much softer, exhibits fewer of the above-mentioned conditions, and actually becomes less susceptible to infection. It also ages considerably more slowly and remains wrinkle-free longer. In fact, in the presence of essential fatty acids the skin becomes downright radiant. Hair,too, benefits from these lipids, taking on a healthy sheen becoming more silken to the touch.
A deficiency of EFAs causes changes in cell structure, resulting in slowed growth and other disorders. Symptoms include brittle and dull hair, nail problems, dandruff, allergies, and dermatitis. Unfortunately, because of modern food processing, it’s easy to take in a lot of fat and not be getting the amount of EFAs necessary for proper hair and skin nutrition. EFAs can be destroyed by over processing and the abundance of trans fatty (hydrogenated) fats can block the effectiveness of the EFAs left in the over processed food. The addition of Treasured Locks H2G Shine Supplement, compensates for both of these problems.
Other benefits of EFAs include:
- Lower cholesterol, protect against heart disease and control high blood pressure.
- Counter inflammation associated with gout, lupus and fibrocystic breasts
- Treat acne,eczema, psoriasis,sunburn and rosacea The essential fatty acids in flaxseed oil are largely responsible for its skin-healing powers. Red, itchy patches of eczema, psoriasis and rosacea often respond to the EFA's anti-inflammatory actions and overall skin-soothing properties.Sunburned skin may heal faster when treated with the oil as well. In cases of acne, the EFAs encourage thinning of the oily sebum that clogs pores.
- Promote healthy hair and nails- Essential Fatty Acids have been shown to contribute to healthy hair growth Hair problems exacerbated by psoriasis or eczema of the scalp may respond to the skin-revitalizing and anti-inflammatory actions of EFAs as well. The oils in our product also work to nourish dry or brittle nails, stopping them from cracking.
- Reduce cancer risk and guard against the effects of aging.
- Treat menopausal symptoms, menstrual cramps, female infertility and endometriosis.
- Fight prostate problems, male infertility and impotence.
This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Softgel provides complete Omega 3, 6 and 9 for radiant hair and skin
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||10|
|Total Fat||1 g||2%*|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g||**|
|Ingredients and Fatty Acid Profile|
|Vitamin E (as dl-Alpha Tocopherol)||10 IU||33%|
|Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA) (from flaxseed oil)||150 mg||**|
|Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) (from fish oil)||125 mg||**|
|Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) (from fish oil)||100 mg||**|
|Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) (70% from safflower oil)||300 mg||**|
|GammaLinolenic Acid (GLA) (from borage seed)||250 mg||**|
|Omega-3-6-9 Blend (from fish oil and borage seed oil)||75 mg||**|
|Other Ingredients: Gelatin, Glycerin and Purified Water|
|Take 1-2 capsules with meals, daily.
* Percent daily value based on 2,000 calorie per day diet
**% US RDA not established for these nutrients
Allergen Warning: Contains Fish (Fish Oil)
Caution: This product is manufactured and packaged in a facility which may also process milk, soy, wheat, egg, peanuts, fish and crustacean shellfish