For several years, essential oils have been all the rave in the beauty and wellness industry. If you haven’t heard of essential oils, they are different from the most common oils, like coconut and argan. What makes essential oils unique is that they are extracted from plants through distillation or evaporation processes. This makes its compounds more concentrated and, in the case of hair, they can even stimulate growth and leave a more beautiful appearance.
Another great benefit of essential oils is that they are totally natural, respectful with the environment, and not dangerous to use. It is important that you look out for trusted brands, that are certified organic and don’t dilute their concentration.
We would like to tell you about 8 essential oils that will help you achieve red carpet-worthy hair. Who doesn’t want that?
- Rosemary: Rosemary oil acts as a great aid against hair loss (and anti-aging!). It stimulates growth and health as it prevents baldness and slows the appearance of gray hair since it has properties that darken your hair. It is important to massage it into the scalp for a few minutes and let it sit in your hair for a few hours before washing for best results.
- Lavender: Lavender is amazing for excessive dryness as it improves the appearance of hair and increases the number of follicles. Plus, it will leave your hair smelling like flowers. It is also ideal for creating a calm and relaxing environment, which is a total plus for general well-being!
- Chamomile: By now you probably know that chamomile is great for lightening your hair without damaging it. You can mix it with baking soda and water to create a paste and apply it to your hair. For extra results, you can sit in the sun after.
- Lemon: This oil helps fight bacteria and fungi that cause skin infections, a great ally for dandruff and scalp acne. It also provides your scalp with vitamin D, which hydrates and contributes to hair growth. You will love the smell on your hair afterward.
- Almond: It strengthens your hair and scalp, as well as contributes to its growth. We recommend you do daily applications through massage.
- Avocado: It is one of the best natural products used for hair care, its properties are beneficial to repair and improve hair health such as vitamin A, B6, and E, it is also rich in antioxidants that help hair growth.
- Mint: A great remedy against dandruff and lice, thanks to its antiseptic properties. If you’re experiencing itchiness and dryness, we recommend you apply and massage it through your scalp. Similar to lavender, it also helps create a relaxing sensation and it’s even energizing.
- Tea Tree: Similar to mint essential oil, the tea tree is excellent against lice and dandruff. Since it has antifungal and antiseptic properties. One of the most versatile oils out there, as it not only helps with hair and scalp health, it’s also a popular remedy for acne, athlete’s foot and acts great as a mouthwash!
If you’re tired of weak and dull hair, give essential oils a try! An easy and affordable solution you can invest on, without spending hours in a hair salon. Don’t forget to complement with a good shampoo and conditioner.